View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysnana View Post
I posted this on the Calibre Facebook page, and was directed to post this here for more detailed assistance.

My laptop crashed, and when I tried to use my back up there was a message saying my back up was corrupt. After reading everything I could find on recovering my Calibre Library, I searched my laptop/EHD for the metadata.db file. I did not find it. Then I saw that I should be able to recover using the opf files. I searched and found a lot of opf files.

I have no idea though of how to procede from there. I would appreciate any assistance with this.
Thank you.
copy the (possibly) corrupt Library folder ( the one that SHOULD have metadata.db)to the PC. This folder should contain Author folders: wihich should contain Book title folders with a number (nn). Inside should be a OPF, a cover.jpg and 0 or more formats (0formats is an empty book)

If you have this, you have a chance

On the Library icon menu: Create/switch to this folder: use existing.
Then select Rebuild library (and wait while it grinds away reading all those OPF)

After that completes, rum Library maintenance to find the remaining problems.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote