View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #426
sts
sts began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650 (retired), Kobo Aura HD
More a feature request than a bug report, but:

I mostly use ModifyEpub to get rid of the embedded fonts. I love my LexiaDaMa font on my device (Sony PRS-650 with PRS+), and want it to show up in all of my books. If the CSS only consists of either no font-family tags at all or just "font-family:serif;", all is okay. But if there is an embedded font with "font-family:<embedded_font>,serif;" in the CSS, my device will not use LexiaDaMa anymore, but the embedded font (well, what a surprise! ;-) ).

ModifyEpub correctly removes the embedded font, the references in the manifest, and the font-face tags in the CSS. But it leaves the font-family tags with now orphaned <embedded_font>-entries.
The Sony then finds a font-family tag with a font that doesn't exist anymore, uses the fallback "serif" and shows the internal standard font, not the LexiaDaMa. I have to manually edit the CSS and change the tag to "font-family:serif;" to get the LexiaDaMa.

Is there any chance to add this functionality to the procedure "remove embedded fonts"? Normally, the orphaned font entry shouldn't be a problem, the engine uses the next entry as fallback, but some devices are picky about that. A clean font-family tag would save some hassle now and then.

Thx in advance
Steffen
sts is offline   Reply With Quote