View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
Hisko
Hisko began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Thanks for your fast comment!

Adam B, Thanks for your fast comment. As well as I highly appriciated all the ports to the iLiad you yourself and your co-porters made. Thanks again.

Concerning your comment:
1: All subdirs in "/media/cf/_local" have a symbilic link in "/usr/local".
Question1: If these symbolic links in "/usr/local" do not exist after reflashing some programs can't run because the info in for instance the "etc" directory is expected at "/usr/local/etc" instead of at "/media/cf/_local/etc"? (because the cf card is vfat formatted?)

2: I will try dropbear and PuTTY.
I tried Putty already for following your how-to port manual. (Stuck after installing libraries failed. I have to try again). I learned that Putty v0.49 could not connect, while Putty v .6 was flawless.
Question2.1: Is there a "How to" for dropbear in combination with PuTTY?
Question2.2: which entry in the "/etc/passwd" should I edit? And can I use each sequence that seems fit? (I am not anymore on a corporate or multiuser network)
Question2.3: To have a wired link to the iLiad should I wire the iLiad by ethernet cable to my gateway or directly to my computer?

3: Thanks for the info.
I will using a reflash, update OS through IDS, restore registry using your method, reinstall all programs in internal memory, and recreate the links.
I will try to create a restore.sh file to automate reinstalling and recreating the links.
Question3: About recreating the links: would it be effective to create a symbolic link to "/media/cf/_local" instead of having links to all subdirs of "/media/cf/_local"?

Thanks in advance

By working with Xshell directly or by means of Midnight Commander your forced to learn super command line DOS = Linux.
And learning Unbuntu is fun.
Hisko is offline   Reply With Quote