View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #9
rmnelson
rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD
I've got everything working well now. I've been using a Kobo for years, but this is my first Kindle, so I am not familiar at all with model numbers and names. I've been using Kindle for Mac to load Calibre so I could read books from Amazon on my Kobo, and finally bought the refurb to streamline the conversion process and also as a backup reader for the Kobo.

I think what confused me more than anything else about the process was that Woot sold me a "Kindle 4th Gen" and I kept getting helpful hints for the Kindle Touch; I guess my google fu is just not up to the task. Once I found the serial number I got better results in my searches.

The Kindle was listed on Woot as "scratch & dent" and it is that. But the screen is scratch free, it charged up full in 3 hours, all the buttons work, and the latest firmware fixed my login problem. For $22 I don't feel ripped off, and it does make my Calibre system easier. I assumed that "refurbished" meant "updated", but now I know. Anyway, thanks for the help.
rmnelson is offline   Reply With Quote