View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elagost View Post
The Tolino Vision 4 HD looks really good. I don't have any Windows or Mac computers in my household, so any sort of desktop syncing software that doesn't run under Linux is out. (Part of this investigation is a desire to be less tied to large corporate ecosystems like Amazon, but the paperwhite is very tempting)
I use Linux as well. Connecting to my Tolinos is not an issue using Linux (I use Calibre for transferring books) but (so far) I haven't tried running ADE under Wine (which you should be able to do). All my ePub books, at this point, come from Kobo or are non-DRM books from various sites (like Feedbooks). The Kobo books are run through the Calibre Obok plugin and the Amazon books are run through the deDRM plugin in Calibre (and converted to ePub), so no problem getting those to the Tolinos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elagost View Post
How reputable is the 'playthek' store? I've never bought anything from goodereader, but I have been there quite a bit and they seem trustworthy.
I can't personally vouch for Grooves Land (Playthek) since I've never bought anything from them. I think they've been around for close to 30 years in Germany, but I don't know if their reputation is good for oversea's sales. Delivery to the U.S. is supposed to take 4-11 workdays and they do accept PayPal, so there should be some protection there.

I'm not sure how anxious I would be to buy from GoodEReader, but I hope their Pocketbook "store" works out well, as it would be nice to have Pocketbook Readers easily available in the U.S. The Pocketbook Touch HD 3 at $149 seems like a good deal. Has everything you want on your list, except for a flush screen (and then some).

Last edited by rcentros; 12-13-2018 at 10:19 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote