View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #20
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I have been a Windows user exclusively since version 3.0 or 3.1. But I gave an Apple iPad a try three or four months ago. I just couldn't get used to it. It seemed like I caught on a lot faster how to use the Android OS, used on the phone that I had purchased several months earlier. So, I stayed with the Android smartphone, even though the small screen is/was frustrating to use.

Besides, can you make a telephone call on an iPad? I dunno. If so, it would be very inconvenient to do it (to me, it's bad enough using a smartphone). If not, it seems that you'd have to carry a phone around with you along with the iPad.

Yeah, that was a bad joke on my part. I'm a confirmed Windows/Android user, price considerations aside.
With Wi-Fi calling enabled on the iPhone and Continuity features, I actually do use my iPad for answering calls (mostly because it's what I already have on hand) and messages (both SMS/MMS and iMessage).

I much prefer the larger displays on tablets for web browsing, manga/comics, etc, so carrying two devices doesn't really bother me. Heck, I usually carry at least three - iPhone (in jacket pocket weather permitting, purse otherwise), Paperwhite 3, and iPad Pro 9.7. On workdays, PW3 is optional but I carry the iPad Pro 12.9 (in a work tote that's much bigger than my purses).

I tried going the Android route 5-6 years ago but the tablet selection was abysmal. The ones I could find that had 4:3 displays performed much worse and had extremely poor battery life compared to even the much maligned iPad 3. That affected my choice of smartphone since the iPhone integrates so much better with the iPad (aforementioned Continuity). I'm still a Windows user but after 10+ years, I'm quite entrenched in iOS for mobile.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote