View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 01:12 AM   #1
fpn
fpn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Problems with Calibre and Koreader

Hi, sorry for the preamble, but I just got my first E-reader (kobo forma) and I love it! Also, since I'm new to this forum, sorry if this is in the wrong section and should be under calibre.

I installed KOreader and calibre and even though there are some kinkds, it's been mostly fine. However, recently I added a series to my device through calibre, and stuff started didn't seem to work well.

First off, the tags don't seem to work? I set tags for all my books in calibre, however, when I try to search by calibre metadata -> view tags, no tags are shown. Rather, when I click on any book and view the book information, the tags are under the Keywords section?

Also, when searching by series, things don't seem to work completely well that way either. Only certain books in the series are displayed when searching by calibre metadata -> browse series. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but since the series is written by multiple authors, there's no way to view all the books in one place since calibre puts books into folders by author. I did label the series by number (so "series name [#]") which I thought could be causing the problem, but that's not the case. Seemingly arbitrarily the majority of the books (20+) aren't shown in the series category, which only shows three of the books (1, 13, 5). Those three books are in the same folder, but there are other books in that folder too, so I'm completely stumped how KOreader is handling all of this...

Right now this isn't really a problem since I haven't started on that series, but when I do...

Thanks for any and all help!
fpn is offline   Reply With Quote