View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Dear all,
having just received another new Kobo Aura One (my third device since release, I have returned the other two) I am wondering:
Does anyone here actually have a device on which the ComfortLight is evenly distributed across the screen, especially when set to low intensity (which would be the typical situation for that feature for me).
Why I am especially curious: All three Aura Ones have had their green blotches in different spots (all at the bottom of the screen though, one almost in the center, one more on the right, the current one more on the left) which leads me to conclude that the issue is with quality control and not with the design per se (i.e. they did not forget to put an LED in some spot).
Needless to say, I will return that third Aura One because it’s not worth full price for me. But I thought it might be helpful to share my info and to collect more in order to inform prospective buyers.

Edit: The poll is multiple choice in case voters have had more than one Aura One
I don't have any green blotches... The bottom of the screen is where the orange is most notable, which is only logical as that's where the LED's are. My brightness is at 2%, my natural light somewhere close to the end (no percentage given, at least not on my firmware).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote