View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
None of the PocketBook E-Ink devices are android. They all have a custom linux system.

That said, I vaguely remember that bluetooth keyboards would only work for certain actions in old firmware versions. You used to be able to build applications for testing on Windows with the old SDKs (possibly still true with new SDKs). Since there were no hardware buttons to test with, there were substitute key strokes for them. I think people testing bluetooth keyboards on ereaders in the past found that they could only use them for those same button presses (i.e. they wouldn't work as a normal keyboard for typing text). I don't remember what the actual keys were for the actions, but if you look at the source code for some old example programs, you might be able to find that out. Then you can test to see if the same key strokes still work on your device.

If I can remember where to look for the key strokes, I'll post that information here.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote