View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #71
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Let me make it simple for you to understand.

Take CDs for example. I have seen Target exclusive editions. You can't go to Best Buy and get one. But if you go to Target, you can get one. It will play on any CD player. Sure, you have to buy from a store you may not want to buy from, but if you do, if will work with the CD players you have.

Now, when Amazon has an exclusive eBook, it's not the same thing. It won't work as is on any other standalone reader. It's tied to a Kindle. This is what the issue is.

If Sony released a movie you wanted to buy on blu-ray only and you only had a DVD player, it would not work. You could not buy it and watch it at home. This is what an exclusive Amazon eBook is for those of us without a Kindle.
So buy a physical copy, and go to the darknet and download a scanned version that will look just as good. That's my solution, legal not, I have a digital copy and own one bagged and boarded to be handed down to my son and eventually sold when the country goes bankrupt and gas is $35.99 a gallon.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote