View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfan View Post
The FAQ item lists a bunch of reasons. Among them is one very practical one:

Calibre is a large program. And a free one. It's unrealistic and selfish to expect Kovid to foot the bill for a whole lot of bandwidth when it's really not necessary.
Right now, I update three computers. I do so with one download. If there was an auto-updater, I'd be downloading three copies ro update these three computers. And my guess is the same thing could happen with people using Calibre on multiple computers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote