View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #26
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are not going to be buying from Amazon, then why get a Kindle? You'll be getting ePub and having to convert all the time. You'd be better off with a Kobo as you won't have to convert for every ePub you get.

A Kindle without Amazon is not worth the cost.
IMO not necessarily. Many older Kindles are cheap on ebay and from other sellers I have looked at, with the exception of the DX. I have only ever bought one that could not be registered as the original owner had reported it as lost and I managed to get a refund from the seller for it. Also Kindle is dominant enough in the USA market that many independent ebook sellers such as Smashwords, TOR and Baen offer book downloads in Kindle compatible formats, and without DRM. Most Smashwords books are available in 4 or 5 different file formats, all DRM free. Any more I check many Amazon offered books for availability on Smashwords as a better source. Once purchased on Smashwords the book can be downloaded in all available formats without an additional purchase.

If you side load books then independent ebook sellers can be a great resource.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote