View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #23
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I can put an image on my H2O, take a photo of it, crop as needed and post. What I think would be good if someone can find or make is a leaf that looks like it's part of a motherboard. [...]
JSWolf, I think you're making it overly complicated - like a book cover that tries to cram all elements of the story onto a cover that's typically going to be seen in tiny thumbnails. This is MobileRead, is it really necessary to highlight the electronic aspect? It is a book club, so perhaps it's not even necessary for the icon to note that we read books.

I've attached an image of a leaf that I happen to like. I took the photo that this was extracted from, so I have full rights to make it available here. Note: I do use a small version of this image on my website, but it's not like so many people go there that everyone in the world will be sick of this image already.

If someone wants to play with combining this image with an e-reader or whatever, feel free - I hereby give my permission. Note, the attached PNG already has a transparent background, so in theory it should be easy to just drop this on top of another image. I left the attachment at a reasonable size so you can do your own resizing as needed.

If I get around to trying anything, it would probably be just to use a reduced size version of that image directly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P0006111-OneLeaf-Large.png
Views:	428
Size:	394.6 KB
ID:	161058  
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote