View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 05:07 AM   #2933
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Finished up Smoke Bitten yesterday. If you like the rest of the Mercy Thompson series you will likely enjoy the book. The book is by Patricia Briggs and the narrator is Lorelei King. She does the whole series (I think it's number 12) and is a good argument for keeping the same narrator in a series. I thought that this book had a bit more of the romance orientation than previous couple of books in the series. It was more noticeable for me listening to the audiobook than it was reading the ebook.

I decided to start book two of the Red Falcon series. It's about 10 hours, so it's not too long. The first of the series, Starship's Mage, was one of those books where they used two different narrators for the two different main characters. It didn't really work well for me, from an audiobook (Ian Gordon and Jennifer Gil) perspective. I really liked the ebook version though, so it was the narrators rather than the text. In the second and third books, they use a different, single narrator - Hillary Huber. We will see how that goes.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote