View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 03:39 AM   #33
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruce1314 View Post
But SURELY a portable app should not be making entries in the main computer registry should it? I'm not an expert by any means but doesn't that contradict the whole purpose of an app being portable (i.e. self-contained)?
I don't think the portable version is writing to the registry as such, Sigil itself doesn't use the registry. It's apparently writing to Sigil's configuration files, which are .INI files == typically located at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil

Still, it shouldn't be writing to there either.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote