View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 02:17 AM   #31
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@ rbruce1314 -- I use portable software almost exclusively, and I do also see sometimes the behavior with "two versions running." Even though on that computer, I only have the portable version available! So I just close and re-launch.

PortableApps.com does good things, but there are wonky things too. I have seen that the portable app sometimes seems to send some Sigil files to the user's AppData folder, even though they *should* only go inside the Sigil folder. So I sometimes have multiple INI files and other settings files at odds with each other. But I still prefer the portable version on my external drive, so I can grab it and use it on other computers.
But SURELY a portable app should not be making entries in the main computer registry should it? I'm not an expert by any means but doesn't that contradict the whole purpose of an app being portable (i.e. self-contained)?
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote