Thread: Prime Day 2023
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 04:27 PM   #53
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
You should have called and demanded a refund if the removed the benefit so close to your signing up! And if they refused, did a chargeback on them. That's some serious bullshit to remove a major benefit.

I've been considering trying them out, so your post is helpful.

I think that's reasonable, they wouldn't want to send out delivery people with a single candy bar, bag of chips, bunch of bananas, etc. I think the important question is if the minimum is lower for Walmart+ members than it is for the general public. Do you know on that? Also, the tip is because they're too cheap to pay the delivery people a decent wage and (at least around here) have to use their own cars. They get the same hourly rate as the rest of the employees.
I agree a minimum order is reasonable and IIRC it was $35 the same as for non members. That may have changed.
The point I was attempting to make was the it may technically be "free delivery from store" if you want to risk not paying the tip. I wouldn't. So realistically, delivery is $7. It may be worth it to some but I'm retired and live three miles from a supercenter. Five minute drive. I'll keep the $7 in my pocket, thanks.

Quote:
Can you do the scan and go payment at the self checkouts? If so, that'd probably speed things up. I rarely have to wait for a self checkout in town, and not for long in Knoxville.
Yes, you can use self checkout.
Maybe where you live but I often have to wait in line for a self checkout. Sam's is similar but much better. A couple of people at the exit with scan tools scan your total and three items in your cart. It takes less than 10 seconds.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote