View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Apple Lists Calibre as Creation Tool

Apple, through iTunes Connect, in its informational FAQ section – oddly titled, "Contact Us" – lists Adobe In Design and Calibre as two ePub creation tools.

Is Calibre ready for this? Is Apple? I ask because Calibre epubs fail validation due to the date difference. If this has recently changed I apologize. Apple's iBook system will not accept epubs that fail validation.

In one post Kovid Goyal says something to this effect (I write from memory, this is not an actual quote), "Use Sigil for ePub development and Calibre for book organization."

Kovid, I am wondering what you think about Apple listing your program as an ePub creation tool for books in the iBookstore.

Thanks - Fabe
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote