View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I read the book first and just finished watching "Topper". Loved it!

The book was more enjoyable to me due to the expanded antics with the addition of the Colonel, Oscar, and Mrs. Hart on their little trips. In the movie, it was fun watching and listening to the different women (Mrs. Topper, Marion, and the society ladies). It brought to mind the behavioral differences and beliefs of my great-grandmother to my grandmother to my mother to myself.

Your comment, "even in the face of death they hardly bat an eye and take it all in stride" is what I saw as I was growing up. My mother's family was a mix from the Indian reservation and the farmers of the dust bowl area. It was pretty much; don't complain, feel grateful for what you have, and just get it done. They were the masters of reuse everything and/or make whatever is needed to fix whatever needs to be fixed. Later, as the family became more well-off, they continued to hold on to that same philosophy. (Of course, it was major excitement to buy and examine all the new "inventions" of the day!)

I know that "Topper Returns" is movie PD but, couldn't find "Topper Takes a Trip" in movie PD. I checked back at Feedbooks and downloaded Thorne Smith's other books to read.

Zelda, "The Awful Truth" looks like a fun movie. I wasn't able to locate that either.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote