View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 11:29 AM   #10
zoldier
zoldier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The Kindle Previewer renders the height, making the calibre conversion look more like you desire. But an actual Kindle device may not perform the same way when given this incorrectly formatted MOBI file from calibre.
This is not related jut to Kindle Previewer. I loaded calibre converted .mobi in two Kindle devices (old one and paperwhite bought last year) and both devices rendered it as I expected and how it looks like on Kindle previewer.

Based in this testing, my conclusións are:
1) Calibre converts from epub to .mobi in a different way that Kindle previewer does
2) Kindle previewer applies a 'wrong' convert policy because they think that their devices can not render something that they can or maybe Kindle previewer has a 'bug'

From my point of view, there is just one solution.
1) Decompile .mobi file converted with Calibre, because I know that it really Works on Kindle devices.
2) Get the HTML/css code from this 'decompile' file
3) Try to apply this code to my epub
4) Convert this new epub versión using Kindle previewer and load the result.

If this Works ... voilà, we have the solution
If not ... there are no solution because Kindle previewer is the "guilty" of this bad conversión and you do not have an alternative if you want to publish in Amazon.

What do you think? Could any one help me to 'decompile' this .mobi file? I saw a couple of tolos in this fórum to do it but they are implemented in Phyton and it is a 'new world' for me

Thanks in advance!
zoldier is offline   Reply With Quote