View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #10
sumpin
Enthusiast
sumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to behold

Device: down to just a PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddOhio View Post
Thank you.
I agree with sumpin that if it's considered "impossible," then that's just a challenge.
The image replacement suggested could be helpful to me, and although I know what a PNG image is, and how to size one, and even how to create one, I am lost about where to find the default image. I can't find anything like that on my Kindle, and I am looking at all the files and all the "hidden" folders (I think).
Could you give me another nudge in the right direction?
You may assume I have a PNG image of the correct size, and that I can give it any filename as needed - what do I do next?
Thanks.
@squiddohio
FILE: icn_Collection.png
LOCATION: embedded within /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/app_utilities.jar
ACCESS VIA: jar (a *nix utility similar to tar)

As @twobob hinted, it's not a file you'll find using 'ls' or 'find'.

(By the way, there's another file in there with a similar name that's used for the icon when you pop up the edit/properties dialog for the book/collection on the Kindle. I identified which was which by putting different images-- at different resolutions, of course, thanks Amazon!-- in the jar file.)

Last edited by sumpin; 12-14-2012 at 07:26 AM.
sumpin is offline   Reply With Quote