View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #34
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
NEWS: I added an update (with more downloads) to the original post for this thread. I have a data.tar.gz with a "universal" payload, that supports all the kindles I have information for. I also provided a sample "proof of concept" RUNME.sh, and instructions on how to do a more useful RUNME.sh.

Read the first post and download the files. It should work on the Touch and the K4NT. With an appropriate RUNME.sh based on the description I gave, which calls and a modified version of yifanlu's touch usbnetwork installer files (to put stuff in /mnt/main or /mnt/diag), you can install SSH into touch diags, and it will work from the USBnet diag menu. This is leaving some of the work to you. I will be busy for awhile so I decided to post what I have now.

If you examine the mntus.params file inside data.tar.gz, you will see a comment that when the script is called while booting from main, it sometimes runs when the USB drive is not initialized and the size reported by disk tools is not correct. Exiting with an incorrect value can cause the USB drive to be completely erase. That is why mntus.params has added complexity to mimic how the startup scripts handle this condition.

Now that there is a reliable way to run a payload while booting to diagnostics, you can use it to repair your damaged main partition that refuses to boot. Good luck, and please post useful RUNME.sh scripts back to this thread. Also post your results. Thanks.

The original post is growing rather large. Perhaps it needs to move to a wiki page.

Original post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 04:14 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote