View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm in I.T. and I'm so used crap like this both in responses to RFTs and in general documentation. However, what I find really annoying are log file messages with typos. Once you've programmed a typo into a log message it's repeated over and over again for the life of the product. Drives me bonkers.

Having said that though, there are some language idiosyncrasies that I find cute. I work with many Indians (yep I.T.) and there are a couple of expressions that are used that make me smile. My favourite would be "do the needful" and I like the insistence of reminders being "gentle". I wouldn't necessarily change these Indianisms though as they have a real charm to them.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote