View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
helena
helena began at the beginning.

Device: lbook v3
I like:
  • that there are page back/forward buttons on the left and bottom of the
  • device.
  • the ability to read many formats, among which CHM and PDF support (I was doubtful about the usefulness of PDF on such a small screen, but I really love it)
  • that the page turns are fast enough
  • that I can organize the books into folders (I was stunned when I learned that this is not a standard feature on all ebook readers. It is essential to me)
  • the quality of the screen
  • the ability to install OpenInkpot. It is not great yet, but has lots of potential
  • that it remembers where I stopped reading and that I never have to turn it really off (I just lock the keyboard)
  • the "recent books" list, so that my most often read books are always only two clicks away (one to exist the current book, one to start the new one).
  • that new firmware is actively being developed by multiple companies

I don't hate anything, but there are a few irritations and a few things I miss:
  • Sometimes the page numbers are wrong for mobipocket files, so you cannot jump to a specific page you remembered.
  • The interface when reading mobipocket files is illogical. In other files you press the "7" button to get a table of contents, in mobipocket files you have to go throught the menu. When I am reading a book, I often do not think about the specific format, so this is irritating
  • Basic file manager support would be nice (copy and delete books)
  • User selectable fonts for all files would be nice
  • The ability to easily/quickly search in a book would be nice
  • There are more ebooks available for the Kindle, and they are often less expensive.
All in all I am very happy with my lbook
helena is offline   Reply With Quote