View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhPhewU View Post
My thanks for the advice & my apologies for both my ignorance & my asking for more advice, but could you either explain how I'd go about creating a "notebook"-epub or direct me to where I could find such instructions?
Also, is this something I could do on the Kobo Original (aka K1, n416, etc.) itself, or that I'd do on my PC, transferring the "notebook"-epub from it to the n416?
Finally, is it possible to, once I've made entries into the "notebook"-epub on the n416, transfer it from the n416 to my PC, so I could copy-and-paste those notes into WordPad, Notepad, or Word for further use? If so, could you explain how or direct me to such instructions?
My great appreciation in advance for any help you can offer.
I think you should do some experiments with epub creation. The easiest way is to create a word file with a couple of words and sections and convert that to epub using calibre. You can add bookmarks and further formatting there if anything is missing. Then just use it like any regular ebook.
You can get the notes out as well, just add
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExportHighlights=true
to the kobo eReader.conf file in the hidden .kobo folder.
However, if you’re using the original Kobo, that device has no onscreen keyboard, no touchscreen and no way to attach notes to words so that makes this whole process impossible. Without either a software keyboard or at least a touchscreen that is supported by third party software, I see absolutely no way to make notes on that early Kobo model.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote