View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #109
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
I will take a look at it - it does, as you say, look like wrong behaviour.
Turns out it was my bad. I had my max margin setting ridiculously low at 5 (though that's where I've had it for a while, and it used to be fine -- must be another change to rendering from WP7 to WP8). When I changed that up to 20, the spacing came back.

I have, however, had an issue with Calibre's "polish ebook" functionality to update covers in books. Specifically, if a book's content.opf file is in a subdirectory (OEBPS\content.opf) but references files from the directory above it (../titlepage.xhtml, ../cover.jpg, which is where calibre puts covers when polishing), Freda fails to load the book. It seems like Freda's unpacking the epub at the content.opf level and deeper rather than unpacking everything and using the well-known META-INF/container.xml tell it where to find stuff?

I'll see if I can get a repro to send a debug log, as I already manually fixed the book I was interested in reading.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote