View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
irene stephney
irene stephney began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The joys of reading

Hello all, my name is Irene Stephney, I am posting from lovely Barbados, and I am very excited to be here!
I look foward to interesting discussions and gaining new insights and ideas, as well as sharing some of my own experiences.
A self confessed book worm, I tend to read anything I can get my hands on. I remember the joy I felt when my son started reading on his own, his favourite book was 'pigs in wigs' and he read it to anyone who would listen. I can still hear him sounding out those letters, and seeing his little face as he discovered he was doing it all by himself.
I think its so important that we encourage reading in young people, and as a lawyer I see too often the negative effect that the lack of this skill can have on a person's life.
At the urging of my son and his friends, who complained that there arent enough 'boy books' I published a story called 'The mystery of the missing sea eggs' on kindle. Barbados provided a great backdrop for the story, and I must say I love living here!
Cheers to everyone!
irene stephney is offline   Reply With Quote