View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #38
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by teadonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney
Oddly, most folks who report eyestrain trying to read ebooks on LCD screens do not report it for normal use, like browsing MR.
I get eye strain from reading on LCD, but only occasionally get a head ache from browsing the internet. I think it makes sense. When you're browsing, you aren't reading line after line intently. You're skimming.
I think you're in the right area, at least. The eye is more active, doing more things than reading line after line of test.

As mentioned, I have no problem reading on an LCD screen, but I'm aware a fair number of folks do.

Quote:
I think it's need that they've made it able to watch videos, but I think the color aspect is much neater. It'd make reading magazines much more like reading the real thing.
I'd say color eInk has a way to go. Yes, it's available, but there are trade-offs involved. One is less total colors in the palette, since it's 12 bit color. Another is that colors on current Triton displays may appear washed out compared to other technologies.

It's something you would need to see first hand and evaluate with sample source material to see if it worked for you. It would not work for me in current forms, but again, I don't assume I'm representative.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote