Thread: LCD vs. e-ink
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
partly due to the misleading information about eyestrain and LCD screens
I started to use LCD screens from Jan 2005. Very actively. Reading online course. I got it instead of CRT because CRT was causing eyestrain. The difference was very significant. It was a revelation for me. However, I didn't cancel my eye strain problem completely. I would still get eye strain but it would take longer to cause discomfort.
Do you understand what I am saying? There was no eInk back then. I didn't read anything about LCD causing eye strain or anything like that. It was my personal experience. The only warning that I had came from my friend. He told me that yes, LCD is much better than CRT but many people still complain about it. He said, that LCD doesn't bother him, he can read for hours without any problem.
I never read ebooks because I could not.

Repeat. I started to use LCD in Jan 2005. No knowledge of eInk or backlit monitor related issues. Pure personal experience.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote