View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #75
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
If I didn't think a book was potentially valuable enough for me to want to reread someday, but I felt I had to read it for some reason anyway, I would borrow it from the library. That's why I wonder what the point of ownership is if you never reread.
I don't understand. How could you possibly know if a book might be potentially valuable(?) enough to want to re-read someday before you read it?

Book ownership and re-reading aren't connected in my eyes. Why try to make them be? In the past, I've re-read books I never owned, and owned books I've never re-read. One has no direct correlation to the other.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote