View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #24
DennisH
DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.DennisH put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: K4NT, PW2
stupidhaiku,

If you look through your Puttylog you will find quite a number of battery voltage reports during the various reboot attempts. The battery voltages range from 4.013v to 4.030v with quite a few readings in between. So it is almost certain that there is raw battery voltage on the small copper pad you mentioned. The spark was most likely a direct short to ground which could have several effects. Two guesses of what happened might be tripping a high current thermal fuse in the battery (if this particular battery does have one) which would normally reset when the current stabilises or an induced low voltage brown out condition on the processor (caused by the temporary short to ground) which would cause the processor to reboot. I haven't looked at the specs of this particular processor but the atmega microprocessors that I normally work with have such a brown out function.

The good news is that now you have found out how easy it is to actually do the job you won't hesitate to try it again should the need arise.

What I found and you have shown also is that it is very easy to set up temporary connections with just a few wires and some tape which are plenty good enough to install the jailbreak.
DennisH is offline   Reply With Quote