View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's because I've switched from "Mobi Creator" to "Kindlegen" to create the Mobi version, and my understanding is that Kindlegen inserts a copy of the complete HTML source into the file, roughly doubling its size. I don't know why it does this!
That explains part of the size difference. But still, the images are different in both versions. The title illustration, for instance is 511x760 (50KB) in the Mobi, but 414x616 (30KB) in the ePUB. At least one of the converters is altering the source images, are you using some profile in calibre that might be resizing the images (I see many suspicious 501 widths and 616 heights)?

Quote:
I'm sure you'll like the fact that it's now using "proper" paragraph indentations, rather than hard spaces .
You bet!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote