View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #41
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
the topic of DRM seems quite complex to me.
I wanted to know, imagine you buy a device second hand, you can't buy any books unless the previous owner unregisters the connection between his account and the kindle you bought?

Also, suppose you have some ebooks on a PRS-505, and someone steals the device,
can you buy a new device (eg: PRS-700) and still download previous books on the 700, without needing to pay them all over again?

Another question:
Suppose you register a 505 on your name. Someone steals it, and sells it on ebay.
The buyer did not do anything illegal, since he never knew in the first place that the device was stolen. But he won't be able to buy any ebooks,right?
On top of that, you (who lost the 505),buy another device (700)and want to buy new books for your 700. Do they also appear on the 505 when the new owner connect it to the internet?

Can I buy e-books on various computers,or is it really limited to 1 computer?

This topic makes me a bit uneasy concerning buying second hand readers off the internet.

I'm sure one could press the 'reset' button on the back, but I doubt that would solve the issue of buying books...
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote