View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #663
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I got pretty behind a month or so ago, but now I'm slowly catching up. I was at worst about 5 books behind schedule, but now I've caught up to about only 2 books behind.

I am now realising though that I might have to go above and beyond my page count goal for the year to complete the rest of my challenge, which is to read a set of particular books this year. My initial goals were supposed to be symbiotic and harmonious but it's not working out that way.

I had decided on 13,000 pages, split into 50 equal sections of 260 pages each. I had decided on that by deciding on 50 books for the year but wanting to count by pages instead for a fairer count, and then decided that 260 is a good number for average pages per book, and multiplied by 50 it came out to the nice clean number of 13,000.

So with the thinking of "50 books" in mind, even though I was counting by pages instead, I came up with a to-read challenge list. There were 13 pre-selected books and around 24 unknown books to be read for two book clubs. That equaled 37 and left 13 more to choose as the year went on, to reach 50 actual books, but since I was counting pages I thought I may choose more or less than 13 more through the year and that was my safeguard to make both parts of my challenge cohere.

However, it's turning out that I'm reading many books that are much longer than 260 pages, so looking at what's still to be read, I think I'm going to have to go above 13,000 pages to read everything I challenged myself to read this year. It'll be interesting to see if I can achieve both parts of this challenge!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote