View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
dsana123
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Thanks for your reviews/thoughts. Do the two of you who have the Note live in the U.S.?

<snip>

A few questions --

1) Does it come with a reading app already installed?
2) Is there a compatible android reading app that has most of the features of Stanza -- specifically the ability to automatically sort your books into collections using tags applied in Calibre?

--Pat
I am UK based, and ordered the Note in Germany (Amazon) as it was cheaper than the good old UK.

1) I was rather ruthless with my cull of unnecessary apps, but I see that in my folder of removed apps there is something called Kobo.apk, so presumably this is a reading app.

2) Ah, Stanza! I loved it on my ipod Touch. If you like Stanza, you'll probably like Aldiko (which is what I am using). v2 of Adliko, the current version, is very much like Stanza. In fact, I swear it has a similar bug (multiple counting of books with more than on tag). You can use Calibre with Android. I've used it on the HTC Desire and the Note by simply setting up the server in Calibre and the client in Aldiko so you can wirelessly transfer books from your PC. Aldiko has a "Tags" tab which sorts out your books based on tags. It also has a "Collections" tab which I don't use. You may want to read more about Aldiko here, http://www.aldiko.com .

Last edited by dsana123; 11-21-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a word!