View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
ilovejedd, I also prefer the same, Marvin for epub, etc. My problem is getting the books onto my ipad without cloud. I guess I'll use Marvin's OPDS - I just wish I could sort by and search on Calibre tags in it.
I dunno about sort but doesn't search or browse by tag work with Marvin's OPDS browser?

Admittedly, I tend to use either Dropbox or the embedded Safari browser for downloading ebooks.

Files stored locally on Marvin also support filtering by tags and series (just not custom columns). How large is your library? Is downloading all books to Marvin via Dropbox feasible? Current processors on iPads are very fast and I would think Marvin wouldn't have problems even with thousands of books.

If you're transferring via Dropbox or something though, you need to make sure the epub copies in Calibre contain the latest metadata by using either Embed Metadata or Polish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7F815E13-F546-403B-A7D7-F6C23D813630.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	173592   Click image for larger version

Name:	74982934-DE8D-40AF-9497-BE7D550C7219.jpeg
Views:	250
Size:	789.8 KB
ID:	173594  
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote