View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
It has become increasingly common to find ebooks that are priced at comparable levels to their printed counterparts. What is your attitude to this? Do you consider this good value?
This is certainly not the case in the UK market. I buy most of my ebooks from Amazon, and the cost is typically between half and two-thirds that of the print book. Eg, at the moment I'm buying and reading all of Dick Francis' novels. The ebooks are £3.99; the paperback edition (again from Amazon) is £7.99, so the ebook is half the price of the paperback.

Having said that, I'm not particularly a price-sensitive buyer. Any book under £10 counts as an impulse buy for me. I would be willing to pay more for an ebook than a pbook because of the benefits the ebook offers. The only books I tend to buy as pbooks these days are reference and non-fiction books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote