View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 03:24 PM   #31
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
I don't use pro tools, so forgive me if I'm using Paint and such, but I found this:

I think maybe you use SumatraPDF, too (in some screenshot somewhere I saw its symbol).
I opened my test file in SumatraPDF, right-click Copy Image, paste into Paint, and then I saw the correct size 738x964.
But when I open a k2pdfopt file and do the same procedure, it shows 741x968.
The -mc pixels in that picture: Top left (0,0), top right (737,0), bottom left (0,963), bottom right (737,963).
So basically there are borders where they shouldn't be: at the right side (3 pixels) and at the bottom (4 pixels).

Is it k2pdfopt or is it SumatraPDF that adds borders (but why didn't SumatraPDF add borders to my test grid)?

My command line options (I used the GUI):
-odpi 215 -h 964 -w 738
Additional Options: -om 0 -mc
Max columns: 2, Document Resolution Factor 1.0, Crop Margins (in) 0.00 (all), Smart line breaks checked (0.200), Re-flow text

When I use -h 960 and -w 735, the dimensions in SumatraPDF are OK (738x964). But the -mc pixels are still off in the same way.

I don't know of any other method to extract the picture, so that's why I did all that SumatraPDF and paint stuff.

Quote:
The black bars you are seeing almost look like a display imperfection/anomaly. E.g.. the one on the top clearly looks like it is only visible on the far right and then gradually disappears into the edge of the display.
Parts of the display are covered by the bezels. That seems to be typical for Sonys, I think I uploaded test pictures elsewhere for the PRS-T1 when it came out, and other users confirmed it. Some devices are better aligned, some less.

Last edited by bookp; 08-31-2015 at 03:31 PM.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote