View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #23
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you go to your fakename.o-ip.org:8080 and it actually is asking you for you router's username and password and not calibre's username and password then you do not have port 8080 forwarded to the computer that actually has calibre content server running on it. You need to find the IP of the computer on your network that is running the content server, something like 192.168.1.24. Once you know the IP address you need to forward port 8080 to this IP address.

Good Luck.
Thanks for helping. I set up port forwarding using the address I can see for my content server on my home browser.

Now the hard part is finding someone willing test this out to see if I forwarded the ports properly.

I think the other part that is confusing is that I'm not sure how fakename.o-ip.org:8080 is redirected to http://192.168.1.137:8080/ (my calibre content server) when people click on the link.

I've attached an image of my current port forwarding configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	port forwarding.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	82340  
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote