View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Are there any guides with screencaps online that show you step by step what to do to setup a content server that people outside the home network can access?? I ran into troubles trying to set this up and I figured I better stop and see if there are any tutorials or guides to follow before I break something.

Edit: The reason I need a guide is that I have a No-IP host name and I have the ports forwarded but when I type in the host name fakename.o-ip.org nothing happens, when I enter 8080 it asks for a username and password of my modem/router.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to use the external IP address I found at speedtest.net or if I'm supposed to another IP address?

I'm rather confused at this point as to how users coming to my no-ip host will be able to see my calibre content server?
The following site offers guides on how to set up port forwarding on a number of different routers. Just search for your router's model.

http://portforward.com/

Also, you might want to disable or change the port number assigned to remote access on your router. You can't forward port 8080 to the Calibre content server if it's already being used by the router for remote access. Better to disable remote access if you don't need it (for security).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote