View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Are there any guides with screencaps online that show you step by step what to do to setup a content server that people outside the home network can access?? I ran into troubles trying to set this up and I figured I better stop and see if there are any tutorials or guides to follow before I break something.

Edit: The reason I need a guide is that I have a No-IP host name and I have the ports forwarded but when I type in the host name fakename.o-ip.org nothing happens, when I enter 8080 it asks for a username and password of my modem/router.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to use the external IP address I found at speedtest.net or if I'm supposed to another IP address?

I'm rather confused at this point as to how users coming to my no-ip host will be able to see my calibre content server?

Last edited by Amalthia; 02-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote