View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 06:44 AM   #5
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Even if this shows up working, and even though it looks great and all, why would anyone except for a niche audience buy that? I mean, if it had PDF support (along with standard annotation tools) baked in, I'd be all over it, but for drawing? I think pencil and paper seem to work just fine (and provide that authentic experience), and it’s really easy to take pictures of your drawings, too...
This is not so much for drawing but for handwriting. As such, I think the potential market is quite large - students and office workers who currently take notes on paper (not everyone likes typing). I think the price is roughly o.k. (could be lower of course), so the keys to success are functionality and marketing.

PDF annotation is technically possible and desirable of course, but don't forget that most pdfs are A4 (or letter in the US) size, which does not show well on a 6.8-inch screen even with the margins removed. You would need at least 10 in. (which is close to A5 actually - half of an A4).

But I do agree that in order to be really attractive, the Shiro would need to support pdf as well as the major ebook formats (epub and mobi). This is still an open question.

By the way, I think I figured out who makes the Shiro:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...notepad-video/
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote