View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
needleinthehay
needleinthehay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Nope, you're not doing anything wrong. It's the way that the home screen is designed to work - and for once, I have to agree that it works correctly.

If you sort by collections, you want to see collections, not books. So any book which already is in a collection will not show up again outside of that collection - after all, you wanted to see collections, not books

Think about it: suppose that you have 1000 books sorted in 50 collections. You want to see the 50 collections on the home screen, not the 1000 books. That's the whole point of collections

And, as you already said, you can still list all the books if you sort by author or title - or search for it.
Hmm, my problem isn't that books in collections don't show on the main page, it's that books not in collections don't show up in collections (which makes sense, because they aren't in them), but they also don't show up on the main page (which seems like it should be the case based on my previous Kindle and what jswinden said). I know for a fact that I have around 10 books which I haven't read yet and aren't in any collections, but when I look at my main page, I don't see anything except the collection titles.

For instance, I just sideloaded a copy of Robinson Crusoe which isn't in any of my collections and it doesn't show up below the list of collections. I usually look at my Kindle in list & collections view, so it's rather annoying to sort everything by name just to find new books ...
needleinthehay is offline   Reply With Quote