View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #65
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I now feel required to not read any of the previous posts for context and tiresomely point out that you can get ePubs from the Kobo store. I think the rules of this thread stipulate that statement must follow any mention of kepubs and Kobo.
Yup, Kobo is the main store I buy books from. The books get downloaded as epubs to my download folder on my pc, the non-drm get uploaded directly to Calibre for conversion. If infected I have to open them with my Sony reader software, then find the book where it gets dumped, then have Calibre upload it to disinfect it so that I can convert it as another epub & Mobi.

I am then able to delete the copy from my download folder. I don't own either a Kindle or Kobo, and once converted they get manually transferred to my main phone, and the phones I have as backup as readers and mp3 players, as well as my Samsung tablet.

If online books stores want people to buy their books, it is in their best interest to allow people download in whatever format suits the hardware that they have. That's why I would never get a B&N reader or books.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote