View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 10:19 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmartell View Post
The images are in fact, stretched to fill most of the screen. What is not filled by the image, indeed appears black. I want it white. Or at least, a color that could change between white and orange-yellow-ish (if I use night mode) together with the image.

My problem is, I only see those black bars on GPBs, and if I change the book's CSS (no matter if just a blank space), GPBs says the book can't be processed.
Well, I wondered if perhaps the book was ePUB3, because perhaps when Calibre editor saves it, it alters some of the ePUB3 coding. (Disclosure: I know NOTHING about the Calibre editor, really, and less than that about Google Play Books. You've been warned.)

Just as Sigil used to be not usable, for ePUB3 (or fixed-layout--another idea), because when it saved the file, it would override/overwrite the existing coding, to make an ePUB2-compatible book, is it possible that the Calibre editor is changing something in the metadata, or {insert list of possible stuff here, too long to list}, that is incompatible with the book? Like my example of trying to edit an ePUB3 file, with an ePUB2 editor?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote