Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #118
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I do. First I don't have a smartphone cause I don't need it so I won't spend 3 or 4 hundred euros just to be able to use a 10 euros device and second, why would I want to carry both a smartphone and a reader to read ? I can do this by carrying an up-to-date reader and nothing else.
Yes - and, so what? Don't buy one. Don't assume that you represent a sizable part of the population, though. Perhaps you should take a look at the number of smartphones vs. the number of dedicated ebook-readers being sold. I don't understand your weird reasoning about "spend(ing) 3 or 4 hundred euros just to be able to use a 10 euros device". People have a smartphone anyway and just put it to yet another use.
You may also want to see someone about that chip on your shoulder. Must be inconvenient to carry around.

People here seem to fall for the fallacy to believe that they represent a sizable part of the population just because they have met a couple of like minded people in an internet forum. This way 50 people out of 200 million can convince themselves that they represent the majority opinion.
As to the figures as regards production and sales costs I haven't seen any solid figures at all.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote