View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #31
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
My goal this year is to read or re-read some classics I never read or have completely forgotten. From "fun" ones, like Dumas, to empty spots in my education, such as Edith Wharton. And I'm going to include some non-fiction with those classics. Actually, I suspect my definition of classics will be highly subjective and personal. But "I'll know it when I see it". So, for example, the CP Snow series that HarryT suggested is probably going to count as classics. But even classical science fiction isn't.

But while I work to broaden and improve what I read, I really, really want to cut down my TBR list. Like pdurrant, I have a problem with buying more than I read. So I'll be tracking purchases as well as books read and we'll be able to see if there is some progress.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote