Thread: ADE problems
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
ADE problems

So this problem started back in November and I've pulled whats left of my hair out trying to solve this. Everytime I try to start ADE, and I have version 4.5.7 installed currently, I get the "Adobe digital editions 4.5.7 has stopped working" error. I've tried various ways to start it, clicking on the shortcut, clicking directly on the program exe., trying to open an ACSM file and no luck. I've tried things I've found while searching the web such as deleting or renaming folders. I've tried various compatability modes, running as admin, I've uninstalled version 4 and tried versions 2 and 3 and neither of them even get that far. I click the exe, the screen blinks for a second and then nothing. I am completely out of clues and further searching on google and adobe's website has simply had me redoing the things I've already tried.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there another way to open the acsm files I get from overdrive? I have a Kobo and I use Calibre, do I need to unistall one or both of those programs to get it to work? I have windows 10 and no, I do not try to run ADE while my Kobo is connected or while the Kobo software or Calibre are running. I am at my wits end and have no idea what else to even try. I miss my library books and am going crazy not being able to download and read them as it appears ADE is the only way to get the acsm files to open and download the EPUB files.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote