View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What's with the Paranoia?

I'm reading about more and more people not wanting to register their Reader because they are paranoid. What's with this growing level of paranoia?

When you don't register, you don't get all the features of your Reader and I know in the case of Kobo, the firmware can change such that fake registering fails and you have to start over.

I've been registered with Sony, Kobo, and Amazon. I've never had a single issue with being registered. And then there are all the eBookstores I've been registered with. If you want to read commercial eBooks, you do need to be registered someplace. You just cannot do otherwise.

So why the paranoia? What's the reason for it?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote