View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyBob View Post
This is a good point. While my kids mostly get paperbacks, they almost always go on my card.
That's the exact opposite in my house growing up. My brother and I each had our own library card and we'd checkout our books on our own card. I'm not sure my parents ever had library cards, they never seemed to read anything other than the newspaper. But I remember how nice it felt to have my own library card and not be dependent on anyone else to get books for me.

My library is still the same, 10 loans, 5 holds (they did increase it several years ago from I think 6 loans and 3 holds, which was insane). I wish it were swapped to 10 holds, as it's a major city library and wait times can be months. If it gets into over a year, which it can, I just buy the book. Plus I only read one book at a time, so even 3 loans would be more than enough for me, if they would just up the holds.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote